Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Why Hillary Must Win

I watch a lot of TV - Oprah, The View - I make no apology.

Having visited America a number (5) times I am always fascinated with the so called 'race debate' that I hear reference to ad nauseum on these shows.

It's funny to me because my experience is that the oppressed have become the oppressors. I see many Hispanics doing the worst jobs, by that I mean the lowest paid jobs and I see many blacks (I hate the term African Americans - because when they migrate to Australia are we to call them African American Australians???) doing better paid jobs or with Hispanics working for them. Still I didn't see too many 'whites' doing hard graft!

I do digress...

Is it time for a black president? - or is it time for a woman president? - this is the question that these shows are debating. And I feel physically ill. For Christ's sake are you fucking kidding me.

It may surprise many outside of the US to know that African Americans make up less than 13% of the population (link) in the U.S. (a smaller % in the world).

Here we get the impression that the % is a lot higher because we hear so much about it and see a high representation of African American's on our T.V.'s.

The president is the most powerful person the the world playing a pivotal role in affairs world wide - and to the world outside of the US - his (or her) skin colour means little or nothing. So to vote for Obama because he is black is insulting to the rest of us and should be to him and all Americans.

Women make up more than 50% of the population (of the world) and are the most oppressed of all the people, are the most poverty stricken of all the people, many woman have no voice and I'm talking about woman in every colour!

Isn't it about time a fucking woman was the most powerful person in the world and that our daughters will see it is possible to be taken seriously and be respected.

Oh and by the way - Clinton is the most qualified and the most experienced candidate.

So if you meet a yank - let them know OK!

No comments: